What is Functional & Integrative Healthcare for Women?
Functional & Integrative Healthcare offers the most options for women seeking answers to their health problems and provides a true art & science approach to holistic wellness by addressing disease from its roots, not just managing a disease and its symptoms.
By identifying and addressing the root causes of health problems not just treating symptoms, by treating each woman individually and uniquely and by utilizing a broad approach to wellness that may include traditional prescription medications and treatments but will definitely go beyond this – a functional approach to women’s health leads to a well-balanced and healthy woman.
Additionally, functional healthcare doesn’t discount or dismiss a set of symptoms that may not have an obvious diagnosis. The emphasis is on achieving optimal health of the whole person – body, mind, and spirit.
It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies.
Integrative healthcare combines the practices and principles from a variety of treatment modalities, including naturopathy, homeopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, Ayurveda and implements botanicals, natural supplements and body therapeutics such as craniosacral, massage, yoga, Reiki, meditation and more to restore balance and health in all body systems.
At Schmidt Health, the underlying root causes of your problem will be uncovered, looking at all the aspects – social, psychological, environmental and spiritual – that impact your health and develop a plan to balance your body systems, bringing you to wellness.
Functional & Integrative Healthcare at Schmidt Health
safely and effectively addresses root causes by:
Establishing your healthy gut microbiome
Identifying food intolerances and food triggers
Decreasing inflammation in your body
Balancing and supporting your hormones
Ensuring your body is detoxifying well
Boosting your immune function
Replenishing missing or deficient nutrients
Functional & Integrative Healthcare
at Schmidt Health promises to:
- Listen to Women
- Empower women to maintain (or regain) power and authority over her life
- Establish caring and compassionate relationships that promote healing and empowerment
- Provide support systems within Schmidt Health which are key to achieving success
- Encourage women to develop their own personal support systems – to find their tribe
- Order conventional and functional lab testing to assist in evaluation of health without excess
- Utilize physical, emotional and lifestyle therapies, supplements and botanicals with known effectiveness and without excess and to prescribe medications when needed
- Assist women in understanding and experiencing her body’s natural healing intelligence
- Encourage women to embrace their worthiness and to practice self-care regularly, without guilt
As your healthcare provider, it is paramount that I walk my talk and instill, embrace and practice the principles and advice that I give you, onto myself.
My health and well-being have become MY priority, I look forward to helping you to make your health and well-being YOUR priority!
I am committed to guiding women in optimizing their health in order to feel well, be the best version of themselves and live a vibrant healthy life.
To achieve this, I combine the foundations and principles of functional and integrative medicine with the holistic and woman-centered approach of midwifery care in a warm, caring and judgement-free environment.
18 Old Post Road South
Croton-on-Hudson, NY 10520
*MEDICAL DISCLAIMER - All material on this website is provided for informational or educational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for advice provided by your healthcare professional.